The Real-life Sci-Fi theme explores the settings of science fiction stories. I use up-to-date science to explore different planets and moons, places rich for sci-fi storytelling.
Here are direct links to the posts:
- Introduction to Real-life Sci-Fi worlds
- World 1: the eccentric Earth
- World 2: the hot Eyeball planet
- World 3: the oscillating Earth
- World 4: Earth around a brown dwarf
- World 5: the Dune planet Arrakis
- World 6: Pandora, the moon of a gas giant planet (from the movie Avatar)
- World 7: Eyeball worlds, both icy and hot (direct link to Nautilus article here)
- World 8: Free-floating Earths (based on this article)
- World 9: An Earth with 5 Suns (see also the followups here and here)
- World 10: The Ultimate Trojan 2-star planetary system.
- World 11: Kalgash, a planet in permanent daytime (from Isaac Asimov’s Nightfall).
- Asimov’s Kalgash: a planet in permanent daytime (for real this time!)